- Greeting Song
- What is an elementary school counselor?
- I discussed how the students can let me know they need to talk to me and taught them about confidentiality, but how sometimes if they tell me something where they are being hurt or they are going to hurt themselves or someone else, then I do have to get help from other people.
- Thinking about how others want to be treated and treating them that way helps you be respectful.
- Being respectful helps you learn.
Focusing Attention and Listening
- Focusing your attention and listening help you be a better learner.
- Focusing your attention and listening are ways to show respect.
Listening is a critical skills for learning. In this lesson, students practice focusing their attention and learn specific ways to be good listeners. Students need good attention and listening skills to focus on what their teacher says, hear directions, and understand lessons. Focusing-attention and listening skills can also help students get along with peers.